Orange County SEO™ Blog
2013 may be known as the “Year of the SEO Analyst.” Studies have confirmed a 112 percent increase in demand for SEO professionals over the past few years and starting salaries as high as $94,000.
In another survey, 93 percent of all business respondents expected their SEO businesses to grow by the end of 2013. Of these, 82 percent reported plans to hire more SEO staff by year’s end.
A career as an SEO analyst can very rewarding. Unlike many technology jobs, stress levels are relatively low and employment opportunities are at an all-time high. Mid-level employees can expect salaries around $60,000, and senior analysts may earn as much as $100,000.
What Do I Need To Become an SEO Analyst?
In order to become a successful SEO analyst, you should have certain qualities that lend themselves to the performance of SEO analytic tasks. These qualities include:
- Excellent communication skills. SEOs must communicate with both marketing and IT co-workers and must be able to translate what each type of expert says. SEO analysts must also be able to communicate with clients and review content for appeal to average readers, so they must be fluent in many forms of communication.
- Thorough understanding of programming languages. HTML, CSS and other web programming languages are important to SEO analysts even if they do not program. The must understand these codes in order to be able to manage SEO projects and review work by others for consistency or errors.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics. Google Analytics changes consistently, so SEO analysts must stay abreast of the latest updates and changes.
It is helpful if an SEO analyst has at least three years of SEO experience before taking an analyst position. Experiences should include testing optimization, interacting with search features, studying Google rules and guidelines and interacting with clients.
Where Can I Find SEO Training?
Although most SEO analysts have some type of background in computers, very few have a specific SEO degree. SEO is still one of those job fields in which experience is far more important than initial training. However, workshops and seminars are available that can build on general SEO experience to help an individual pursue a higher-level job in SEO analytics.
What Is The Job Outlook for SEO Analysts?
SEO analysts will find jobs everywhere, but certain cities are much more likely to have jobs than others. According to recent surveys, the top ten cities for SEO analyst jobs are:
1) New York
2) San Francisco
3) Los Angeles
7) San Jose
Salaries range from around $44,000 for entry-level positions to $96,000 for executives.
Searching for an SEO analyst job may be challenging, and you may find yourself taking a variety of positions as you work your way up the ladder. However, the more you refine and hone your SEO skills the more productive you will be and the more opportunities that will open themselves to you.
To add the above image to your website, please copy and paste the code below.
Data Privacy Day is a big event in SEO circles. This infographic covers information on Data Privacy Day. This “holiday” is held annually every January 28th. Data Privacy Day has the goal of increasing awareness of privacy and protection of data issues with consumers, government agencies, officials, and other organizations.
It is vitally important that you manage your online reputation carefully. With the whole world on the web, a misstep in the area of reputation management can harm your business and your personal life. Here are a few facts about your online persona that you may not know:
- 56 percent of adults admit that they do not consider the consequences of their online activities.
- 14 percent of adults say they have experienced negative consequences from online activity.
- 21 percent of those experiencing negative consequences were fired from a job for something they did online.
- 16 percent lost the opportunity to get a job because of online activity.
- 16 percent lost their health insurance due to online activity.
- 14 percent lost their opportunity to go to a particular college.
- 15 percent were turned down for a mortgage due to online activity.
It is clear that what you do, say and post online can have an impact on your life, even long after you have forgotten it.
Because the Internet is not regulated, it is easy for people to post negative things about you, as well. These negative posts can come back to haunt you in a variety of ways. It is not only necessary to monitor your own online activity but also to monitor what others are saying about you online. This means strategies that identify possible negative material and deal with it in a way that neutralizes its effects if possible.
This may sound impossible. After all, the Internet is a big place and it is easy to get lost or to fail to find everything posted about you. The good news is that if you can find it, it is probably fairly easy for others to do so, so you can concentrate your efforts on those items. Conversely, if you cannot find it, it is probably harder for others to find as well, so may not be as important.
However, ignoring obvious negative online topics or posts is not an option. The way you choose to handle negative information can also have an impact on your online reputation. For example, you may find that you are tempted to respond negatively to a complaint or negative post. However, your negative reaction may make the problem worse instead of better. There are ways to handle negative publicity that can increase others’ respect for you; there are also ways to handle it that may cause others to perceive you even more negatively.
Your online reputation is important and you cannot leave the results to chance. If you need professional help with your business or personal online reputation management, please contact Orange County SEO to learn how we can help.