SEO Strategy Trends
Occupy SEO! This infographic discusses some of the trends in SEO strategy.
To add the above image to your website, please copy and paste the code below.
Some of the trending topics include:
- Users choose organic search results over paid results 94 percent of the time.
- The foundation of good SEO has not changed: content, linking, and site architecture.
- New additions to the SEO arsenal include social media, user engagement, and thoughtful analysis.
- Social media is accounting for an ever-larger portion of attention from SEO experts, with 91 percent stating that website traffic improves with social media marketing and 79 percent believing social media generates quality leads.
- Social media reaches 80 percent of the population.
- Facebook and Twitter are still the two most popular platforms for social marketing.
- 93 percent of marketers use tools like Google Analytics to dissect website traffic patterns and user actions.
- In the analytics arena, 57 percent of SEO experts use conversion tracking, 41 percent use A/B or multivariate testing, and 24 percent use multi-channel attribution.
- SEO marketing will account for $600 billion in spending by 2016.
- The advent of Panda and Penguin algorithms mean that old-style SEO is no longer viable.
- SEO marketers must stand up for the value of their work.